-->
dataxguy

Tax Tech Talk With Stikks #1: TaxJar

12:53 PM Unknown 0 Comments Category :

Whether you want to believe it or not but technology is changing the game. It may be time to change if you are still stuck manually completing important tasks or reports on paper. I respect that you are Old School but ask yourself, are you just really too scare to change? If you are just scared then I can't respect you but I can understand. However if you are an entrepreneur, you better not be scared of change. Learn how to make technology work for you and your clients or you will be replaced by technology. It is pretty much that simple. The goal of my accounting tech blog posts are not to make you an expert or convince you to purchase the product. My goal is to educate you about the different technology advances out there in the world of accounting and business. I will only give you basic information but it will be up to you to do your homework. My posts are not endorsements and the companies are not paying me. I will only endorse my company, J.S. Tax Corporation at www.jstaxcorp.com (shameless plug)! Today post will be about TaxJar which appears to be owned by TPS Unlimited, Inc.

Sales tax can be a real headache, especially if you deal with multiple states. In my opinion, only payroll taxes gives you more headaches than sales taxes. State governments are getting more aggressive with their sales tax policies. State governments need to find creative ways to make up for budget issues.  If you are an online merchant, the last thing you want to receive is a sales tax payment demand notice from any state tax department (especially from my home state of New York). You may need me to represent you if you get to that point! Well, TaxJar claims to have the solution to your sales tax nightmares. According to their website, TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 5,000 businesses. TaxJar goal is to help eCommerce merchants spend less time on sales tax and more time growing their businesses.

Here are TaxJar's own reasons to give them a try:
  1. Finish your sales tax forms in minutes, not hours.
  2. Easily and instantly connect with your marketplace and cart. No CSV Uploading or spreadsheets.
  3. Never miss a due date. Choose to AutoFile your returns.
  4. Simple pricing from $19/mo. No setup fees, No contracts.
Sounds good but what marketplaces can TaxJar instantly connect too? Thankful, they must have read your mind:

  • Amazon
  • BigCommerce
  • eBay
  • Ecwid
  • Etsy
  • Magento
  • PayPal
  • Shopify
  • Stripe Relay
  • Square
  • WooCommerce
  • Xero

By now you may be saying "well damn Jamaal, can I finally get the website to do my own research?" To learn more about TaxJar, go to www.taxjar.com. Now, you couldn't have figured out that address without me?! Currently, they are offering a free 30-day free trial. Why not make it 31 days....just joking but why not?

Seriously, this type of technology can only empower you as an online merchant. It doesn't matter if you choose TaxJar or another company. My goal is to inspire you to at least think about tech solutions to move your company forward. If you find out that TaxJar sucks then don't curse me out and give up. Keep trying until you find the right solution. Even though I'm not endorsing any companies (except www.jstaxcorp.com), just remember that I'm not going to write about lame companies. TaxJar looks like is a company worth at least looking too. Honestly, if TaxJar can truly help online merchants then I want them to succeed. Good Luck TaxJar!!!




Name: Jamaal Solomon



   


RELATED POSTS

0 comments